Welcome to the Misadventures of Widowhood blog!
In January of 2012 my soul mate of 42 years passed away after nearly 12 years of living with severe disabilities due to a stroke. I survived the first year after Don’s death doing what most widows do---trying to make sense of my world turned upside down. The pain and heartache of loss, my dark humor, my sweetest memories and, yes, even my pity parties are well documented in this blog.
Now that I’m a "seasoned widow" the focus of my writing has changed. I’m still a widow looking through that lens but I’m also a woman searching for contentment, friends and a voice in my restless world. Some people say I have a quirky sense of humor that shows up from time to time in this blog. Others say I make some keen observations about life and growing older. I say I just write about whatever passes through my days---the good, bad and the ugly. Comments welcome and encouraged. Let's get a dialogue going! Jean
Saturday, May 2, 2015
What I Write About
- Looking for Friends - not so easy to find as we age
- Insecurities - who doesn't have these!
- Accomplishments - who doesn't have these!
- Reviews of movies I see
- Walks down Memory Lane
- Lectures I Attend
- Art, knitting - mostly winter time activities
- The Dog - who has been known to smuggle toads into the house
- Widowhood - living alone after having a soulmate for 42 years
- Summer Day Trips - the senior hall sponsors a lot of theses but I pick and choose
- Reviews of book I read
- Travel Club - I don't foresee me traveling again but I love the travelogues
- Politics - I don't write about them often but I'm a flaming liberal when I do
- Downsizing - I've already done a lot after my husband died but I still have more to do
- Senior Hall Activities - don't go as often as I used to but the place was a life saver for awhile
- Conversations in my head - please tell me everyone has theses
- Loneliness - like politics, I try not to harp on this topic often
- And preparing to move to a continuum care campus early 2021
New posts generally appear every Wednesday and Saturday