Welcome to the Misadventures of Widowhood blog!

In January of 2012 my soul mate of 42 years passed away after nearly 12 years of living with severe disabilities due to a stroke. I survived the first year after Don’s death doing what most widows do---trying to make sense of my world turned upside down. The pain and heartache of loss, my dark humor, my sweetest memories and, yes, even my pity parties are well documented in this blog.

Now that I’m a "seasoned widow" the focus of my writing has changed. I’m still a widow looking through that lens but I’m also a woman searching for contentment, friends and a voice in my restless world. Some people say I have a quirky sense of humor that shows up from time to time in this blog. Others say I make some keen observations about life and growing older. I say I just write about whatever passes through my days---the good, bad and the ugly. Comments welcome and encouraged. Let's get a dialogue going! Jean

Saturday, May 2, 2015

What I Write About

Growing Older  - in a world full of youth worshipers
Widowhood - adjusting to living alone after having a soulmate for 42 years
Looking for Friends - not so easy to find as we age
Insecurities - who doesn't have these!
Accomplishments - who doesn't have these!
The Dog - who has been known to smuggle frogs and toads into the house
Movie and Lunch Club - we meet monthly and I love it
Red Hat Society Events - the group meets 3 times a month but don't make them all
Walks down Memory Lane - I've documented my favorite ones so they can't get lost
Lectures I Attend - I go to one a month, doesn't matter the topic, I love learning
Summer Day Trips - the senior hall sponsors a lot of theses but I pick and choose
Monthly Book Club - the jury is still out on whether this is a good fit for me
Hobbies - art, knitting - mostly winter time activities
Travel Club - I don't foresee me traveling again but I love the travelogues
Politics - I don't write about it often but I'm a flaming liberal
Down-sizing - already did a lot after my husband died but still have more
Senior Hall Activities - without the senior hall I'd have no social life
Conversations in my head - please tell me everyone has theses

New posts generally appear every Wednesday and Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment