Welcome to the Misadventures of Widowhood blog!

Welcome to my World---Woman, widow, senior citizen seeking to live out my days with a sense of whimsy as I search for inner peace and friendships. Jeez, that sounds like a profile on a dating app and I have zero interest in them, having lost my soul mate of 42 years. Life was good until it wasn't when my husband had a massive stroke and I spent the next 12 1/2 years as his caregiver. This blog has documented the pain and heartache of loss, my dark humor, my sweetest memories and, yes, even my pity parties and finally, moving past it all. And now I’m ready for a new start, in a new location---a continuum care campus in West Michigan, U.S.A. Some people say I have a quirky sense of humor that shows up from time to time in this blog. Others say I make some keen observations about life and growing older. Stick around, read a while. I'm sure we'll have things in common. Your comments are welcome and encouraged. Jean

Saturday, May 2, 2015

What I Write About

- Growing Older  - in a world full of youth worshipers
- Looking for Friends - not so easy to find as we age
- Insecurities - who doesn't have these!
- Accomplishments - who doesn't have these!
- Reviews of movies I see
- Walks down Memory Lane
- Lectures I Attend
- Art, knitting - mostly winter time activities
- The Dog - who has been known to smuggle toads into the house
- Widowhood - living alone after having a soulmate for 42 years
- Summer Day Trips - the senior hall sponsors a lot of theses but I pick and choose
- Reviews of book I read
- Travel Club - I don't foresee me traveling again but I love the travelogues
- Politics - I don't write about them often but I'm a flaming liberal when I do
- Downsizing - I've already done a lot after my husband died but I still have more to do
- Senior Hall Activities - don't go as often as I used to but the place was a life saver for awhile
- Conversations in my head - please tell me everyone has theses
- Loneliness -  like politics, I try not to harp on this topic often

Edited to add: Lately I've been writing mostly about life on the continuum care campus where I just moved to in October of 2021.

New posts generally appear every Wednesday with an occasional Saturday post thrown in.

No comments: